Syntec Optics Diamond Turning – What Makes us Unique?
- At Syntec Optics, our unique diamond turning team comprises individuals with a broad background in diamond turning. Stemming from the Moore M18 days to the most current, state-of-the-art Precitech nanotechnology diamond turning machines, we have 36 years of combined diamond turning experience. The tight-knit group works together to develop new diamond turning processes and solve the toughest problems. Syntec Optics is widely known and acknowledged for diamond turning lenses/surfaces that others have failed to do.
- Our Single Point Diamond Turning (SPDT) technicians are well-versed in several machines, both manual and CNC. Due to the custom nature of our work, we can quickly adapt and change to suit our customer’s unique needs. We tackle and successfully deliver a wide variety of our unique diamond turning expertise.
- We can diamond turn large 600mm OD mirrors to 80lb, 250mm ID hemispherical mold inserts to tiny 1.7mm OD polymer prototypes.
- Software engineers provide close support with adapting our software to handle some of the most challenging surface forms.
- Syntec Optics SPDT machines are not just “out of the box.” Each machine is adapted to handle the variety of work we do on advanced optical materials. Additions include risers, tables, custom tool posts, onboard cameras, coolant lines, etc.
- At Syntec Optics, our unique Diamond Turning Tooling selection. Over the years, we have designed, created, and maintained an impressive collection of diamond tooling configured in different geometries, sizes, styles, and both natural and artificial diamonds, giving us the flexibility to cut almost any surface. It allows us to offer shorter lead times in many situations, as we do not usually have the 3 – 6 week lead time for new diamond tooling.
Find out what makes our Diamond Turning Technology unique at SyntecOptics.com. We are ready to assist with your project, from custom optics to rapid prototyping.