Will be responsible for set up and operation of diamond turning machines in the production of low and high volume
production jobs. These jobs have tight tolerance and are complex in nature. The employee will train others as
directed by the Operations Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate diamond turning machines to manufacture mold nubbins and prototype lenses.
- Clean and visually inspect diamond turned lenses.
- Inspect lenses using metrology equipment.
- Record inspection data, labor hours and job information as required.
- Clean and maintain the diamond turning machines as required.
- Diamond Tool Inspection and handling
- Vacuum chuck mounting and machining.
- Spindle balancing
- Diamond Tool Set up – multiple tools
- Machine adjustment and program parameter changes to maintain lens tolerance.
- Machining of diffractive surfaces.
- Keeps work area clean and organized.
View Full Job Description
Sound like something you would be good at? Fill out the form below and we will be in contact with you shortly!